It’s important to take care of our skin all year round, but because of increased sun exposure and stronger UV rays, certain procedures should be saved for our rainy months. This doesn’t mean its time to sleep on skin care! In fact the opposite is true, our skin needs lots of TLC in the sunny months. The following will help keep your skin game strong all summer long:
1. Vitamin Facial - this injectable facial is still safe in the sunny summer months. Non-crosslinked hyaluronic acid combined with 3 anti-oxidants, 8 amino acids, and 3 vitamins and minerals is micro-injected into the dermis to increase skin’s hydration, radiance and plumpness. This treatment is safe for all skin types and skin tones and targets many of the most common skin complaints including: dehydration, fine lines, dull complexion, uneven texture, hyper pigmentation, and melasma.
2. Hydrafacial - Not just your ordinary facial, this innovative technology is a 3 step facial in 30 minutes designed to cleanse, extract and hydrate the skin. The Hydrafacial uses serums to leave your skin glowing with no downtime. This facial is a great substitute for medical peels in the summer months where too much exfoliation is a no-no.
3. Botox - Always a fan favourite, botox can be done at anytime of year. If you catch yourself squinting all summer long its time for a treatment! Don’t let those summer rays make you wrinkly.
4. Filler - Another treatment that’s safe all year round. Don’t just hide those tired looking eyes behind sunglasses all summer. Filler can provide you with a plumper, refreshed look all summer long.
5. Sunscreen! - This isn’t really a treatment, but deserves an honourable mention. It is SO important to protect out skin from UV damage, especially in the summer months. This is also the best way to protect the investment you’ve put into your skin with peels, facials, micro needling, etc. Don’t let all that time and money go to waste by not covering up.
Dr. Alanna Rinas, ND