5 Tips to Beautiful Glowing Skin
As we age our skin can give away more information than we may want it to. Sun damage, dehydration, loss of volume and uneven skin tone can age us quickly. Despite our best efforts to take care through healthy diet and lifestyle choices, once the damage is done it can take more than a few nights sleep to look refreshed again.
Here are some great ways to refresh your skin and keep everyone guessing your age!
1. Hydration: One of the biggest factors that make skin look old and tired is dehydration. As we age our skin starts to lose volume, giving a hollow, sagging appearance. Keeping the skin well hydrated will help prevent more volume loss and healthier, glowing skin. Drink 2 – 3L of water a day. (tip: add pinch of sea salt to your water for better absorption)
2. Vitamin C: this powerful vitamin is an important ingredient in collagen production. Loss of collagen leads to saggy skin and contributes to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Adding Vitamin C to your daily routine is an important part of a good skin care regime. (tip: 1000 mg of Vitamin C every day will help with collagen production and help prevent aging).
3. Antioxidants: the damage done to our skin every day is tough to avoid and even tougher to undo. Antioxidants are crucial for helping repair damage done to skin from sun exposure, pollution, even stress! Providing the skin with antioxidants can be done in several ways: orally, IV antioxidant therapy, topically and microinjections directly into the skin (we call this the Vitamin Facial).
4. Sleep: the only time we give our body, and skin, to repair is during sleep. Lack of sleep contributes to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles, less collagen production and more dehydration. Be sure to get your zzzz’s, at least 7 hours a night.
5. Hyaluronic Acid (HA): this tiny gem is the fountain of youth for your skin. Naturally occurring in the body this mighty molecule binds moisture and keeps your skin plump, hydrated and youthful looking. As we age our HA levels decline resulting in dull, lifeless skin. Treatments such as the Vitamin Facial and Hyaluronic Acid based fillers can add glow and volume to dull aging skin and give your skin that youthful glow again.
Dr. Heidi Rootes